Friday, August 16, 2013

Queenstown

First off, I'm very thankful to the many people who gave me their two sense about not including Queenstown on my travels. To be honest, I wanted to make it here, but I thought I wouldn't have enough time. Luckily, I was able to rearrange my plans and fit it two fun filled days before I leave this weekend.

This morning I met up with my friends and headed up the mountain on a gondola. On the top, there are luge racing tracks (similar to go kart racing) so we bought a few runs and had fun racing down the tracks. In between races, you head back up to the top on a lift to go for another ride. It was awesome and gave us some great views of the city.

After, we were determined to schedule an exciting activity for the afternoon to make up for not being able to sky dive this morning (too cloudy). After much discussion and debate we made plans for an epic day tomorrow. It's amazing how many options of bungys, sky dives, swings etc. that this town has to offer. Lots of people are here to ski and snowboard at nearby slopes but I don't have the time for that unfortunately.

In the afternoon my hostel roommate and I walked around the town doing some shopping and sight seeing. Right next to our hostel is a huge tent area with music, games and info regarding the Winter games which just began. We are going out to a burger place that's supposed to be amazing (no one has heard of Five Guys so we'll see if this beats that).

Tomorrow is going to be fabulous but I'll spare the details so I don't receive any threatening emails from my parents (it's not a bungy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment