Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rotorua

I started the day exploring Rotorua by walking through gardens and among geothermal pools. It is phenomenal how many areas there are around here to bath in a pool, see a geyser or take a mud bath.

After a while I headed to the Polynesian Spa and opted for a full body massage in addition to bathing in the pools. It was discounted, and I had access to private pools so I went for it. The massage was amazing and afterwards I sat in a few different thermal pools overlooking Lake Rotorua. It was worth it!

After,   I had a nice lunch in town and headed towards OGO which is an adventure activity I had on my list. Many people know this as Zorb.. which it is. Basically,  some zorb guys wanted to start their own business and made a track that is twice the size.

OGO is like an extreme water slide and was a very thrilling 2 minutes of my life. I opted for the two ride package so I went down thr straight path and then the zig zag. You jump into a huge ball that is filled with some water and get pushed down a hill where you slosh around the entire time. You get to the bottom and hop in a hot tub until you take your next ride. It was honestly such a fun time! 

Now I'm headed to a traditional Maori dinner and dance where I will learn about the indigenous people of this area. I'm excited to add some cultural background to my adventurous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment