Monday, August 5, 2013

Taupo Day Two

On Sunday, I had a relaxing day in Taupo. I woke up with the good idea to exercise but quickly talked myself out of it. Funny enough I walked down to the lake to see a half marathon in progress. It was a great day for a race of that nature so I enjoyed watching the runners as they neared the finish line.

Next, I had breakfast and headed to the Huka Falls which is a pretty waterfall just outside of town. This was near a famous store called the Honey Bee Hive where they sell everything and more relating to honey. HONEY ice cream, wine, lotions, soaps, candy, candles etc. This was my second day visiting this wonderful place so I got to enjoy more ice cream and honey fudge. I have attempted to bring some back with me but only time will tell if any of it makes it back :)

I stopped in the local museum to have a look for an hour or so, did some more souvenir shopping and then headed on down the road.

I was due to arrive at the outdoor school where I'll be spending the week at 6pm so I gave myself plenty of time. Have I mentioned the lack of people and cars? It's really unbelievable especially living in such a populated place like Baltimore. There is an average of one road to get you everywhere and chances are, you'll see about six other cars during the entire drive.

Anyway,I made it to camp, up in the mountains- it's officially winter here, still mild but definitely chilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment